Wednesday, February 8, 2017

WAG the (oh my) Dog

Write what you know. Alright. What I know is, Marvel's LEGION premiered tonight on FX, and I have no idea what the deal with it is, but I'm kind of angry(?) at it because it means that any TV series made of Brandon Sanderson's Legion books are going to have to be renamed*. I also know I'm totally going to go see the LEGO Batman Movie Thursday previews tomorrow. And that's it. Those are the two things I know.

I've already mentioned my undying love for WAG, so no need to burden you with that regalia again (regalia=that which is regaled, right??). The LEGO Batman Movie's really the only movie I'm looking forward to this year, barring the My Little Pony movie and a couple others I've also brought up in previous posts (though, rule of thumb, if there are any movies that make you think, hmm, that seems right up Eric's alley**: yes, yes they are.***)

I'm no great fan of Spinjitzu, but even the Ninjago movie's going to be awesome, and apparently also coming out this year. The trailer dropped today/yesterday, and I've seen it several times already. And so should you.


Crazy story, though! That scene there, starting 1:36 into it, where they're all exclaiming "Garmadon" as Garmadon appears? At first I misheard it as being, a very very weird gag: the pretzel lady goes, ermahgerd, the guy with the hot dog guy says, oh my dog, the lady with the baby says, oh my gosh, with the actual OMG going to the baby! Kinda like that mime from the Angry Birds movie, I guess, but, with a baby instead, and with a different setup.

Weeeird joke.




*UPDATE: So it turns out that aside from that both have a very very similar premise, and so it's all like, ohh maaan. (I'm not sure why it would mimic Swiper the Fox's catchphrase like that, but that's exactly what it does.)
**If the phrase "up your alley" seems to also be the name of a forgettable '89 romantic comedy starring Linda Blair of all people and directed by one of the co-directors and co-writers of the LEGO NINJAGO movie, then yes: no, it's a complete coincidence, but, no, you're not the only one who IMDb'd the track record of the filmmakers.
***To squeeze a second footnote into this post (UPDATE: now third with the addition of the UPDATE footnote (I know, it's weird)), I figure I might as well tell you, they're Rock Dog and Sparks. The only live-action films I'm really psyched for this year that aren't comic-book related are all Bollywood productions, which I really don't stand that big a chance of catching anywhere but the internet.

2 comments:

  1. ***What about Monster Trucks? That's live action, non-comic-book related, and as far as I know, not Bollywood. But I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...And already out, so it doesn't count for "psyched-ness." But nice catch. (It's terrific!; I mean, I really really enjoyed it.)

      Delete