Monday, December 11, 2017

Animations to Watch Out For

I'd meant to get some YouTubing in today, that is, being a YouTuber, and did in a sense-- completed the animated logo for video introductions at least. I'd forgotten how slow AfterEffects is to use, especially with my computer being so slow in general with all the video files I'm keeping on it currently. I do have all my video files on a flashdrive somewhere, a really big 'spensive one, but I can't find that right now so I'm not about to delete any of the footage I've taken. Except for the junky stuff; don't know why I saved that.

Speaking of animation, though! A few films coming up I'm pretty excited by. They're making a Teen Titans Go! movie, coming out, 2018 I think?, but for sure in 2018 Smallfoot is coming out. Which I hadn't been excited by really till it turns out that it's being done by WAG, so, 'nuff said on that. WAG are also doing Teen Titans Go! to the Movies, of course... And if they ever make a CG Animaniacs film, they'd probably do that one as well. Because they're the best.*

Ferdinand comes out this Friday from Blue Sky, yay...!

Spamming of WAG though not actually spamming of WAG, anyway, Phil Lord and Chris Miller, (they of the Lego Movie (hence the, WAG thing,) and um not also Solo: A Star Wars Story (which still stars Alden Ehrenreich so, cautious optimism there**)) are doing the animated Spider-Man feature, from Sony Pictures Animation (who may always be a tossup in terms of quality but at least they're a consistent toss-up, and this one's gonna be good of course***. How could it not be.)



Meanwhile, and generally unrelated though I guess still on the topic of awesome writer/directors, Taika Waititi apparently did a TedX back in 2010. Man is quite the creative talent, while still apparently genuinely down-to-earth, and that really shines here.


Doing research on upcoming animated features, though: Blue Sky are doing a Mutts move, and I was talking just yesterday about how much I adore that strip; Blue Sky, having done the Peanuts movie, are just a perfect fit, and, man that's great. As much as I love both Over the Hedge and Dreamworks' Over the Hedge, they're completely different, erm, animals, and I think the Peanuts approach would be best for any Mutts adaptation.

WAG are doing a Bone adaptation; how am I only hearing of this now... A Space Jam sequel is in the pipes... Finally gonna get around to that Hanna Barbera animated cinematic universe... oh, this is interesting, you know those -Ology books, there's plans to adapt one of those...

Also, of course, from my man WDAS, Ralph is going to break the internet. The day after my birthday, next year. Still awhile off, but...



* Most likely, I mean. Animaniacs deals specifically with Warner Brothers themes, so there's not much reason to doubt, but it was executive produced by Steven Spielberg who co founded Dreamworks. And Dreamworks Animation is now owned by, NBCUniversal, which means that it'd be from the Illumination people if the Animaniacs rights somehow, transferred over, with Spielberg? Though I'm like 99.9% sure he doesn't really have anything to do with that company anymore, so we can rest easy. I hope.
** Speaking of movies worth watching for the acting, and also upcoming animated films I'm excited or at least intrigued to see, you know another film I hadn't been looking forward to (but now of course am) is Paddington 2, sort of half-animated I guess, which I'd been like meh about at first-- but the guy who played Moss in the IT Crowd is going to be in it, how cool is that.
***And finally a fourth/fifth film, second live-action/animation hybrid, to look out for, also from Sony Pictures animation and also probably worth watching because of the awesomeness of the cast, is Feb 8th's Peter Rabbit. Because. James. Corden.

No comments:

Post a Comment