Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Killers - Christmas In L.A. ft. Dawes

If it was Christmas in L.A. that I had stuck in my head yesterday, it's A Great Big Sled today, so, I guess I'm putting this one up. I'm doing this in order of when they burst into my head of course, except for Dirt Sledding which had come into my head a day or two before I'd posted it but had forgotten about it.

Christmas in L.A. anyway. This almost made me cry the last time I watched it, so I'm just posting it up here without watching it myself...



Harry Dean Stanton is dead, which sucks. But so are a lot of other people.

So it's Christmas, last day of the semester is tomorrow or today depending on final exams stuff. Things are... mixed. But looking up.



There, Christmas lights at Temple Square. This year's video. I keep on expecting to see myself, but that was four years ago. Kind of mars my perception of the lights on Temple Square, that incident during my mission; everyone's happy and taking it in, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for bad things to happen there. The lights on Temple Square are a bit of a raw nerve.

And I'm posting a video of them up here.

Because I raised my voice again today. Roommate issues. Thought that had been the last time yelling at someone, Thanksgiving 2013, but I guess not. (My yelling to get help after Elder Urena-Perez chipped a tooth, and my yelling the fourth verse of the Star-Spangled Banner while singing it, both also on my mission but after the Thanksgiving thing, those weren't yelling, as much as others interpreted it that way.) Four years broken. It was a magnificent run, though, wasn't it?

And I didn't physically assault anyone this time! Just got testy.

There was this thing. So apparently it had been a joke, running gag this whole time, but I hadn't been seeing it that way? and it was just, building up inside of me until I flipped my lid. And. Turns out it was joking, this whole time. Whoops.

But it blew the lid off of this whole thing, nobody had really been communicating with each other, and just getting on each others' nerves, and building up, and building up. Reached a head here.

And things are better with my roommates now, though there are still a couple of loose ends that need to be resolved, further communication that needs to be made. Which can't be made right now because the roommate in question is at The Last Jedi right now. But it can take its time.

So that's looking up. The mixed part is, I'm flat broke and need to do Christmas shopping? I've got all of, $23.75, and haven't gotten any stocking stuffers for anybody yet. Whom all do I need? Like, 8 people? Sam, Danny, Ryan, Alex, Mom, Hannah, Dad, me... Yikes. And beyond that... well, that merits a post of its own tomorrow, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment