Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Enough to De-press

One great thing about the Alaska thing, working up at a hotel in Anchorage or something, would be, like, automatic housing, boom, don't even have to look for it. That's one of the way daunting prospects about moving to the Portland area for the Laika opening, geographically closer to me and anywhere I've been in my life, but without living quarters just built into the job perks like that. I'd have to shop around, or, however people find apartments, and then I'd have to pay for said housing, like, what kind of crap is that...? Of course, with a job, I'd be able to afford that; but still, to me right now, having a job is a theoretical while having to pay rent is a reality, so maybe I'm just projecting irrationally. 

Also, once I'm graduated I'll have to have my own health insurance? Some stuff came in the mail today regarding my recent switch to the school's student health plan, and Mom I guess we'll talk later about it.

But videos. I've been, well I haven't been thinking about making them this week so much as, this week the idea of making them has been shoving its way down my throat. The way that relates is, maybe I might get a temporary job for a semester, up here, through it? But filling in the application form it's asking me what communications classes I've taken (nunovem,) and asking my GPA, like, hey that's a low blow, and... (I just dislike my declared degree so much, and, heck maybe I should have gone into communications instead of art, they're basically the same thing just with a world of difference, like, same building and faculty and stuff so I would have had much the same opportunity, but this time with, stuff I'm actually good at; maybe it would have been good to have been as cynical as everyone else for a change, and go to school not to learn and improve at something you're not very good at, but to have a bright shiny medal that opens actual practical doors for you...)

But videos. And how they've been shoving themselves down my throat, anyway. Last week in comic book workshop, there was a dude what come in, what come in and advertise him own workshop on Tuesdays. Which I went to this week, and it's, YouTube production workshop, like a workshop entirely on how to YouTube? And I learned a couple of things, actually, mostly on sourcing creative commons media for use in your own videos. Then, watching YouTube today, the ad was for some guy advertising the same idea as the workshop, teaching how to make YouTube videos and make money off of them and all. And this afternoon, wandering around the Spori building a couple of hours before Comic Book Workshop started, I looked in the room where we have that workshop and saw, my brother's ex-girlfriend? And apparently she leads this visual communications workshop, and she showed this video about being creative and making videos, and then everybody in the workshop showed videos they'd made, and there was a competition for whose was the best? And the guy who'd win, before the workshop, asked what programs I use to edit, and he told me about the job opportunity that I told you about last paragraph, since I know how to use After Effects. 


I had to wade through a lot of crappy video essays and conspiracy videos in order to find this "Kubrick," so now I hope you're happy even as I'm depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment