Friday, December 29, 2017

Mind Flayer

We finished cleaning the house today. Or, as finished as we did. Mom getting a clean house and all, surprising her while she's away? Anyway.

The last two episodes of Stranger Things 2 are cinematic perfection. I think that episode 6 could maybe swap places with episode 7, as a flashback, in order to maintain the suspense at the end of episode 7 there. If that wouldn't be too underwhelming a reveal or anything. That's just a weird weird episode. And season 2 being one episode longer than season 1, I don't know.

Now what do I watch, though? I haven't seen Inception in years, but I guess we don't have it here, which makes sense.

2 comments:

  1. Chapter Eight: The Mind Flayer in my opinion is the absolute best episode. Even better than The Gate. There's just so much going on. My favorite part is how Will uses morse code to communicate to Hopper to outmaneuver the Mind Flayer's hold on him. Absolutely brilliant. In my opinion, I think that if you watch the entire season two, you could literally just skip Chapter Seven: The Lost Sister and be just fine, plus you don't mess with the perfect dramatic pacing and timing created by episode Six, so it'll actually be better, and then Eleven's appearance would be that much more shocking, plus there's nothing in episode seven that contributes to the climax of the season, so you don't miss out on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part is when they're standing around deciding what to do and realizing that they should disguise the shed and use Will as a double agent in the first place. With a close second being at the beginning when the kids and teenagers happen to meet outside the lab and wonder what's going on. And yeah it's all so good.

    Chapter Eight really is the best, but I also include Chapter Nine because the visual effects in that one are just so mindbendingly awesome.

    ReplyDelete