Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Laika or Alaska?

Can't think of what to say, so, be honest, being honest works. 

If I don't graduate before fall of next year, there'll be this class thing I'll need to take, which I've mentioned before when discussing what to take and when to graduate and whether I have the ability to change my major (EDIT: "Portfolio Capstone.") So I'm thinking of, I guess, well I'm thinking of it, not going to Alaska next summer, but to Oregon instead, where Laika is, to get that Laika job, and maybe somehow it would count as a graphic design internship or something? Which would mean taking an internship credit instead of an art history tour credit, to graduate; which ain't bad, because those things cost money while internships don't, and I think actually it's illegal not to pay interns anymore? 

But looking on the Laika website where the Laika jobs are listed, it's just, the kinds of openings and jobs you'd expect to be at Laika.

Alaska would make money, but graduate me later, maybe in time still before I'd need to take that extra credit but still later than I'd otherwise graduate, which means maybe seeing McKenna again but that's a bad thing because we've pretty much moved on and there'd be no way of interacting anyway. Meanwhile, Laika would grant me an entry position at my third-favorite animation company, above even Pixar. 

Alaska would be a good experience but for more hypothetical reasons, my wanting to set a TV show there if they ever let me make a TV show, while Laika is... well, probably not a graphic design thing, and so wouldn't really let me graduate. Maybe have a graphic design internship on the side, while at Laika, and be able to graduate that way, before (I think it's) October? I guess that would make sense, but if there's such a thing available, I'd need to start planning regarding it soonerish rather than laterish.

I realized today that, just because autists usually prefer solid daily routines while I abhor those, I guess I've been letting that fact distract me from, change still is hard, and planning for these hypotheticals is hard, and it's not routine I enjoy so much as, man whatever this not having to worry about having my life in order, is. And I really should get on this stuff, but...

Brother Keller's going to be at... well I don't know that, but, Brother Keller shows up at art night sometimes, especially the first and last days of the semester, to do like 5-year-plans and artist's statements with us, so he's, it being near the end of the semester now, possibly going to be at art night tomorrow, and maybe I can talk about some of this stuff with him if he is. Because I for sure need to talk to him sometime, about it. (Reminder, he's the one with the connections to the movie studios in the first place; he's our "in.")

No comments:

Post a Comment