Sunday, March 25, 2018

Fontology

So now that booting up my computer this morning caused the USB ports AND the webcam to start working, you'd expect everything to be fine, right?

The answer is actually basically yes. Computer-wise at least.

Looking back through some of these posts, I find that my writing is most engaging when I'm putting out these big long personal stories where I open up with my vulnerabilities.

Meh. Don't feel like it.

So I'm trying to track down the typeface they use in Black Panther, not the modified version of Beyno they use for the titles themselves but the typeface they use for the subtitles. It's sans serif, geometric, on the squarish side, the lower case g's are single story, the descenders curve... Nothing terribly unique about those. The bowls, though, are the really distinctive bits, and I swear I've probably seen this before. The a's, b's, d's, g's, p's and q's, the bowls they're flat on the side and sort of, axehead out, if that makes sense. Like, the p looks like a tomahawk but rounded on the ends. Doing my typography project on this subject, the typography of the MCU, this is the interesting part of it. I have to design-- oh glory!-- a website, not looking forward to it; why can't I just stick to tracking down and solving mysteries like this one?

Possibly Industry; I don't know... It certainly matches what I remember of the legs on the K's...

Heck, as much as I hate my graphic design classes, I love being able to identify stuff like this. Micromanaging ragging is probably fascinating to some people, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment