Saturday, March 24, 2018

Locked Ro(o)m Mystery

It feels like a... I don't know, a windowless doorless room. My laptop does. I hardly ever use webcams or anything, but the fact that it had been working, worked on Thursday but then not on Friday, and still isn't working, enhances this feeling of isolation. Especially without USB port access to load any videos onto the laptop, and now without even the webcam as an item of desperation, how am I supposed to make any videos for YouTube? It's been, well the last video was at the beginning of the month and now it's nearing the end, so it's been almost a month since uploading anything. I've been given a lot of opportunities lately to consider why it is that I want to do, anything, making videos especially, and, I guess I conclude it's no great loss. (maybe if I actually had any subscribers...)

Meanwhile even if I wanted to play League or Overwatch or anything lately, even if I had them downloaded (the crash wiping out all my apps though keeping my files,) all I've got is the track pad to use as a mouse. And that's just no good for gaming. Anything I plug in, the ones which light up when you plug them in, light up when I plug them in, but there's no recognition on the interior side of the computer that there's anything external attached. The USB driver says it's working just fine...

There was an option, seeing how low on storage I was, to upgrade my hard drive to a whopping 2 TB internal hard drive, but it was more than twice what I could afford, barely affording to pay for the repair as it was. With all these issues my computer continues to have (hasn't crashed on me once since then though!) I guess I'm glad I didn't opt for that. They still made one though, just in case (duplicating all my files to that 2 TB as well,) and can upgrade me at any time. It would still cost the same. But, add on top of that a whole new the-other-stuff, aside from the hard drive, because, that's what I'd do, just get a whole new one? I don't know. Wonder if the hard drive's Mac compatible... 

No comments:

Post a Comment