Monday, March 5, 2018

I May Feel Old and Useless Compared with All These Youngsters Doing Amazing Things, But Soon I'll Have Done, Just, Anything

Should be going to sleep, but man I've been just attacked by the muse today; I'm making these huge chunks of progress in a story I'm writing. A script really-- I've been working on this trilogy since, gosh, well it was after graduating high school for sure, so maybe, 2011ish, 2012ish? This script is the only original work of the trilogy, sort of canon-welding a short story of mine with a short story of a friend's (from before graduating high school) and, gosh this must sound terribly boring, since I have to keep a lot of the details under wraps... but this is the first time I think I've ever mentioned this project to you, actually, though it does take place in the same continuity as a different project I have mentioned.

The only thing that could be boring about this really, from personal experience reacting to other people making such announcements, is if it seems like nothing's going to come of any of this. Knowing my history of project completions, it does seem that way; my creative process tends to involve massive massive amounts of stewing.

But like I said, the creativity bug has bitten. Pieces are beginning to fall into place in a big way. It's happened before, and nothing's really completed over it, but... this is a major step toward that, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment