Monday, November 19, 2018

features over bugs

I realized in bed this morning, past midnight but before I went to sleep, that I'm turning, 27, tomorrow. It could be discouraging, to make it this far without really having accomplished anything. But that's not the way I see it, I mean, I've learned to see this as a positive.

Apparently I'm just so complex and awesome that it's going to take a while for even me to figure myself out, and I should be proud for even having made it this far. For example: I only realized last night, tossing in that Chilean Sea Bass thing, that those random tangents I go on to show off all the research I've done or whatever, maybe that's an intrinsic part of my writing style, or at the very least are a feature and not a bug. Maybe some of this information is actually new to people, I don't know. That doesn't mean they have to be structured as random tangents, sticking out as abruptly as they do, but that doesn't mean I have to get rid of them in order for the story to flow better. This month is about rounding things out anyway, and showing not telling. (which totally justifies all the telling I'm thus doing with the random research shoved in.)

Anyway cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment