Sunday, November 18, 2018

New Writing Plan

It occurred to me only last night that I might not succeed this year's NaNoWriMo. Good news, I can still well over make it if I do put into effect that 3,000-word-a-day thing. I want to write, but I don't want to write that much.

Just charging ahead making up words on the fly like I'm doing right now, without any breaks except for like tiny little ones, maybe going back and correcting a mistype, I can fit in 50 words a minute easily. 50 words a minute, that's 3,000 words by the end of the hour, since 3,000 is 50 times 60. It's so convenient, the math just works out. All I have to do is free write for an hour each day, which is like totally possible. And terrifying. There's such a thing as INERTIA and it KEEPS YOU FROM SHIFTING GEARS.

Alright I'm back! I did one half-hour session, and yeah it worked out, but I should have done another... the day's not over yet, but I think we're good for now, just punch in 167 more words onto my 1500. Here's what I observed for the last few minutes of the writing session, going off the rails and writing about the process of writing instead:
I sort of ran out of juice. 20 minutes is good, 3 20 minute sessions instead of 2 30 minute sessions. Oh boy. But man, if I only needed to do like 1667 words a day instead of 3,000, that'd be dope, this'd be so easy, like you don't even. Because I just sat down, and raced, and fi I'd actually had a direction instead of just rambling freewrite, that's 1,500 words right there, well 1,400 right now, but just 267 more to go past that, and, the whole day's writing cranked out in half an hour! They design these to be easy. The goals to be reachable. All we need is the momentum to get going. 55 seconds until time's up; it won't get mad at me that I'm a little under my goal, right? I've gone past the time before, let's see. 25 seconds left.
 Moone thought, no, he spoke aloud! And then he read
here we go. Verbs. Well. 1500 words, right there, my goal was a little higher than that that's right. Only like a third of this is usable. That's the end.
I cut out the unusable stuff, and spent some time adding and shifting sentences and clarifying things, and it's awesome and it looks great, and it's definitely going to work with miminal hassle and guys, this is totally possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment