Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hipsternerd (Part I, Potentially)

   Post in follow-up to "Nerdhipster" of, well it went up exactly one week ago, but I wrote actually two years ago of course... and now no longer necessarily agree with 100%? Or maybe at all? So I thought I'd follow up on it. Maybe I was being, satirical, or something, when I wrote that... It was a long time ago... I don't know, I can't read my own thoughts...

   I think I remember thinking some of that stuff (definitely the Nutella stuff, though that may just have been kneejerk to watching it go, well, viral like that. Viral! Nutella of all things!)

   And the Doctor Who thing, it was because I hadn't seen the show in a while, and so jumping in to any given episode I had absolutely no idea what was going on. But then again. Doctor Who is always like that.

   Yep, yep, I was being, somehow, satirical.

   ...And a whole article could be posted up on the layers of (hypocrisy? culture? irony?) behind making that statement.

   And thus I withdraw. Am I still a hipster? Am I still a nerd? Depends on your definitions behind that... that's a whole other article right there... if this turns out to be only part one of a series, so be it- because I still can't stop thinking about it, and it's about time to post this up for the day...

   We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment