Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Snowflake

   Alright... still trying to figure out how to deal with all this stuff. Usage of my time has been... difficult, to figure out. Context for all of this, in case you haven't been paying attention to what's going on here (or are looking back through these posts at some future point and wondering maybe what the hey I'm talking about around this time period) :

   So, yes- I'm just recently here off of my mission- two years, full time there- Dec 7 2012 through Nov 19th 2014.

   Posts have been going up these two years, though. Prescheduled postings. All of them, or at least most of them, composed beforehand. And, well, not actually 100% finished, didn't get a full two years in there... (That subject, well, yeah I've been familiar with it even on the mission- I'm still working out my journaling project from the mission, getting down my two years of days there. I've got still that last week to go. Which, isn't that bad... But I'm struggling to find initiative to complete it within a reasonable timeframe...)

   And here we are, a universe full of stuff out there to be writing about (loots of stuff, so much stuff) and I'm just reviewing this here, this "stuff" that maybe you are already familiar with, instead of novel stuff, two whole years' worth of stories or anything- I'm just making a rehash.

   Not that homecoming has been without its inspiration, of course- I would definitely not say that there's nothing going on in my life right now, but there's a lot of emotional really subtle and maybe even kind of private things stringing together, even somewhat elegantly...

   Strings in my own life- home, the emotions (sometimes mixed muddled and confusing) associated therewith. (Being home! returning to things! I haven't fully reintegrated yet and maybe there are even one or two things that I'm leaving in this box of get-on-that-later, perhaps indefinitely.)

   Strings as well, in the lives of (one or two of) my friends and... maybe just one, specifically, but it's... Well, it's mixed muddled confusing and kind of private. For now. But it's not that bad, looking into it. It just, is. And isn't that always enough?

   I'm sure we've all felt this weird kind of string of complexities in our lives, escalating the strange into the surreal. It happens. It happens more frequently than you realize.

   And it's never the same twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment