Monday, November 24, 2014

Sort of, Sorting

   I've accumulated a lot of stuff over two years. Trying to figure out how to put this... The apartment as I left it officially, moving out, well I hadn't really packed my stuff much. Going to the final Interview with the Mission President, it turns out that from that we went straight onto the luncheon that signified the official end of my best two years (though set-apart I still may have been at the time.) I had thought I would have more packing time. But, nope. I didn't actually manage to finish packing it until it was actually time to leave. And it wasn't really packing either... Mom's got photos to prove it, my stuff was still everywhere. What Mom also has is too much basic human decency to horrify you by posting them on her blog. So thank you very much.

   An upside to most of my stuff not being in some bunch of suitcases- no matter how tightly packed the suitcases would have been, there wouldn't have been room. The car as it came to pick me up was... already pretty stuffed in itself. Having my items sorted into loose clusters allowed for some pretty fine nook-and-cranny work. And Dad- boy, Dad- Dad somehow managed to cram it all into the car in a way that would make the Tetris gods themselves curl up into a little ball in the corner and pretend that what they just witnessed wasn't real. It really was quite incredible. Props to you.

   And so today, my task is to sort through that, but also to check out all the stuff I'd left from before my mission. All my drawings I did, for one (not as bad as I remember, but I'm still genuinely sorry if I subjected you to some awful stuff.)

   And lots of other things as well. I guess it's time to get onto that.

No comments:

Post a Comment