Friday, November 21, 2014

Thespis Strip Dated Sunday, November 21, 2010

Click to embiggen.
TRANSCRIPT:
Marvin: The Stella Awards are awards handed out yearly to that year's most frivolous lawsuits.
They're named after Stella Liebeck, who once famously sued McDonald's after her coffee was too hot.
Collin: They completely miss the point that the Liebeck case was not at all frivolous.
Stella Liebeck was 79 years old.She removed the coffee cup lid to put in cream and sugar, spilling the hot liquid all over her cotton sweatpants. It soaked in and gave her third-degree burns.
Not friv'lous.
Marvin: But they have awards named after her? She should sue!
Collin: But wouldn't that defeat the purpose? If she sues for defamation of character because she doesn't go around suing frivolously, that itself would be a frivolous lawsuit, defeating the purpose of itself.
It'd be the judicial equivilent [sic] of the "this sentence is a lie" paradox.
Marvin: ...it'd still be cool. 

NOTES:
   I hate it when I misspell things, which I do in this strip, and I kind of have to point it out with the little [sic] which just makes me look bad because it draws attention to the mistake. But, I own up to my mistakes, eh? Anyway, that water was boiling. That's just dangerous, man. Also, the double meaning of the word "cool" does not escape my notice, so let's pretend it was intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment