Thursday, January 8, 2015

Blade Runner

   And continuing posts I hadn't actually gotten preposted, there's this little guy, which I continue having mixed emotions about, and mixed emotions about not having posted up. Mixed emotions about posting up now, as well- this post could easily go into the Hundred Things.

   YOU: Wait, it's both a potential Hundred Things and a potential Fourteen Days?

   ME: Yes.

   YOU: Aren't those kind of opposites, with the Fourteen Days being things you'd meant to schedule before the mission and the Hundred Things being things you learned on your mission?

   ME:...Yes.

   YOU:...

   ME: Let me explain.

   My post is on Oscar "Blade Runner" Pistorius, the South African double amputee Olympic sprinter medalist. (And if you keep up on your sports news, you're already wincing.) He's a cyborg, with a superpower, and a codename. He's a superhero, right? Here's the single paragraph I got into the post, before realizing I didn't have much more to say on the matter:
   Proving that real life is actually comic books in disguise, Oscar Pistorius, quite possibly the first real-life superhero who is actual a superhero instead of some loser in a costume (and yes, I checked- they are all losers.)
   And then I had an except from a newsarticle about him coming second in the 400m heat, thus qualifying him for the semi-final. "I didn't know if I should cry or be happy," Pistorius tells BBC Sport. "It was such a mix of emotions." And that was it.

   And then, on my mission, during what must have been the period where I wasn't the best elder because I read the newspaper on a fairly regular basis, it turns out that Blade Runner is actually a super villain.

   Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment