Monday, January 5, 2015

Into the Log of Madness

   My Emergency Post of Uninspired Drivel that I Always Have Up as a Backup in Case I Don't Wake Up in Time to Prevent it from Posting and Put Something Quality Up in its Place

   Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet

   The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog

   Oh man all the letters of the alphabet, there's totally a word for that...

   Pangram, that's it.

   You know in Russian they've got a pangram that seriously takes only the entire alphabet to do without any repetition of any of the letters at all... that's truly rare in English... I reused e's a couple of times, and o's all over the place...

   ETAOIN SHRDLU

   November 20: Man I can't remember my password to my email or anything. Well actually just my email. I've got a whole folder of all my passwords saved on my harddrive (and maybe I shouldn't have admitted that) but that's the one with the cord that's been busted  ever since attempting to plug it into the Windows 98, and then I tried "doctoring" the wire to see if I could get the same port on one end hooked up with some new wiring to the USB interface on the other... well, now I know what the inside of one of those cords looks like; it's a lot more than just one or two easy-to-track wires... so that needs replacing... well I suppose I could shop around...

   November 25: My email password was written on a sticky note, to manage my account while I was away in case that needed to get done, so I'm into that... there are still a bunch of other passwords I don't know, on my drive somewhere...

   December 25: Aand Christmas time has come around, and I got a new cord, sweet- I'm kind of trepidatious to see if it works...

   December 26: It doesn't work! Not that it's much of a disappointment; I haven't had access to it in two and a half years...

   January 4: Hey guys, it totally works now; I totally found everything on it and managed to extract all its data- had to do this last step gingerly, since I plugged it in and the computer recognized it once I held the USB port at a certain angle, but that only worked for around five seconds, before I really had chance to dig around looking for the file I have my passwords on, and then it disconnected again... but it had worked! So plugging it in one more time, but not holding my hand there just trusting the connection to work, it worked-- but not trusting the connection to stay connected, we just dumped all the files onto the desktop temporarily, and then I could scrounge around for my accounts and passwords and everything. There's a lot more inexplicability I downloaded from the internet than I remember there being... (that's not a euphemism for anything; you've seen my attraction to the inexplicable on the internet.)

   January 5: The reason I tried one more time like that, in search of user names and passwords: we were looking for my account name and password to try to log into my college account-- didn't work, though. Phone call in this morning, turns out my account had been discontinued (you think that may have something to do with the voc rehab account being frozen two years for my mission?) I signed up for a new one; should be ready for me in time for Spring Semester. Only need a couple more courses for my Associates, which has always made it complicated whenever anyone's asked me about my schooling plans...

   I've been noticing one or two dramatic themes running through my life, maybe I could talk about those...

   Lorem Ipsum Lorem Ipsum Casey Casem Lorem Ipsum et cetera

   Hello World

No comments:

Post a Comment