Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Thing

   It was kind of a spur of the moment choice.

Just a couple of months after starting this blog, I posted a post titled My First Blog, which is about- well, maybe you should just click on that link. Everything following will make so much more sense if you do. You clicked on it?

   Yes?

   Good. Now I'm going to explain what you just read, because I know you like to lie. In my dreams, a couple of times at least, there was this blogcumwiki website, sort of put on by me and sort of put on by the fictional version of my teenage self, a domain I'd hijacked at some point from some other guy and now used as not only blog and wiki stuff, but also this e-attic for dumping all of my files into. I caught its name once, and though I did have the opportunity to write it down while I was awake and could still remember, it was so utterly trivial that I did not bother to. Nonetheless, its name was something along the lines of, Things That Don't Even Come Back Around. And it was "A real thing."

   And you can probably guess where I'm going with all of this.

   I've managed to recreate the fictional blog in real life, to my best extent so far. Defictionalize it. Little doubt I'll keep experimenting till I come up with a more perfect likeness to the real fake one. It'll be a work in progress, but even now, hey check it out, thingsthatdontevencomebackaround.blogspot.com truly is a real thing. The link in that post My First Blog now works.

   There's nothing on it at press time, but that will probably have changed by the time you read this (assuming you don't hang onto my every word and catch posts right as they come out.) Die Like a Disney Villain has a fairly regular postup time of 8:30 am. I went over in the post of yesterday and the day before (I consider the posts of yesterday and the day before as basically one and the same post) how the 8:30 am postup time gives me genuine motivation to get things accomplished- how I'm clocked in. 8:30 is kind of the perfect time in the morning, this sweet Goldilocks zone between earliness and lateness- it's pure just-right sweetness. But 9:30 isn't so much of a downgrade after that. So for an hour after I have my post up here at 8:30, I'll then focus my efforts onto the other blog, seriously clocked in.

   Hey hey hey hey, I can hear you say (I can hear you say)* - why would you need a second blog? What would even be on it? My project of watching The Lion King 365 times in a row, I've realized the future is still so uncertain it would be best not to do yet (...but which I will need to do soon (that being, within a few years) lest my actual life burden me down with actual responsibilities and pull me away from the project.) The project itself and the decision to go through with a new blog are themselves one and the same project. With more jumps this time- because jumps are cool.

   From 8:30 to 9:30, clocked in, I will be working on an idea that came from a dream, an idea for something I thought at first I could turn into a pretty decent short story, but soon realized had far broader richer potential. It is the story of a man with the supernatural ability to act as a target for supernatural trouble. I've already gotten a bit into it, and I think it could have legs and even wings if I'm willing to put the effort to run and fly into it. And now, sigh, I suppose I'll have to follow through; I'm kind of constrained to it now. Honestly, without our obligations we'd never be anywhere.



*(...I don't know; those just sounded like song lyrics) 

No comments:

Post a Comment