Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Quasi-Guilt of Searching for What You're Looking For

   I always get sidetracked trying to do research, because I try to find out as much of the surrounding story as I possibly can, but find myself link hopping (that's the word for that, right?) and derailed off on tangents. Of course, I could avoid this by going to the source directly instead of sort of swimming around it and only half-looking for it, but I kind of feel for some reason guilty to use the search bar (no, you're not the only one, and no, I don't know what causes it either-- embarrassment of search terms? Fear of keystroke loggers?) Plus, the temptation to have freedom to do that is just too great.

Temptation is a powerful tool. But, it's the devil's only tool. Master that, you've mastered Satan.

No comments:

Post a Comment