Friday, February 13, 2015

(2/13)

   For added deliciousness. Five years ago today. Still have the ticket; I keep things like that. It's kind of beaten up right now, and 90% of that is my fault... (See those burns? They occurred when I attempted to photograph the thing. DON'T ASK.) But there it is, my ticket to go see James Cameron's, trying to think of a snarky title for it, Cat Smurf Pocahontas the Movie or something. But yeah. In 3D, just like I said. Just letting you know it's not, uh, made up, or anything...

   ...Is 3D still the next big thing? I'm not sure the market for 3D televisions anymore, man I'm going into this post well-researched... but the 3DS is totally radical, but then again now there's the 2DS...

   I seem to recall I once said something like, directing a film in 3D needs to be more like directing a stage production, since without the field of focus you can't control precisely where the audience is going to look...?

   No, wait, that was actually Orson Scott Card, reviewing Thor. I'm always getting myself confused with SF/F legends talking about the MCU.

   Boy am I acting snarky. I guess I do that when I don't really have anything to say... So I'll stop here.

   Seriously, though. I never knew that about myself. You learn something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment