Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Name of Post... Rabbits, I Guess? Rabbits are Cute...

   The post today sort of polyped off of yesterday's post, which happens too often for me to sit and complain about how I never have seeds for posts...

   I do believe we were discussing the point of having this blog be daily (besides the fact that of course I'm constrained to it since the death of (cousin) Adam and my posting two times in one day that day and working to make up for that...) I go over previous posts I've put up, just checking in, the way I do, and I see-- a lot of potential, to be sure, and maybe a few clever ideas, but because what I'm looking at is mostly stuff I scheduled in a rush before my mission, maybe I didn't dedicate as much craft as I should have ideally, and so a lot of it is not... great. Tough sometimes to admit that about your own work, but I do that here with gusto. Really funny stuff getting tossed out the window; paragraphs I spent hours of research on landing with dull thuds and none of the (>>probably>>) meticulously researched information getting through.

   For example, you seen "One Face... No... Two-Face! No... Five-Face?"? It took like 3 or 4 hours to compile all the information, possibly longer still to composite it, not to mention a whole lot of time on top of that just slacking over at (totally awesome website you should totally check out) Comics Should be Good! (my primary resource)--- and me writing that post all up, thinking boy oh boy this is gonna be a good one, and the post itself is just like, meh. The information all coming at you feels way rushed, so much jammed up in there with no room to breathe... Plus there wasn't much there that wasn't at CSBG! already, and hey guys it's such a good website check it out. (http://www.comicbookresources.com/)

   I suppose in the end it comes down to craft, then. And strike out that "I suppose." I've got it; that's it-- everything was rushed, all the posts of that time period. Maybe not "all," of course, but... I'd thought that the posts were fine at the time, and that was certainly the case given the "I'm-going-to-be-leaving-for-two-years-in-a-couple-of-weeks" circumstances, but, man, I don't know. Style versus substance again!, I could still have spent a lot more effort in the final product itself, the surface instead of just the underlying ideas.

   And that's my official excuse for why you haven't seen a single one of my Hundred Things so far, although I've been working on them since before I got off my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment