Monday, February 23, 2015

Discovery Center

   I chuckled to myself. When I saw the article in last week's LDS Church News: FamilySearch Opens High-Tech Discovery Center in Salt Lake City...

   Didn't get to it earlier for some reason, though it had been staring me in the face (it is after all last week's... still the most recent version, since there's no post on Sundays-- so there...)

   For those of you too lazy (or, whatever) to click that link, let me summarize. The Discovery Center is this amazing high-tech (read: equipped with iPads) center of, um, discovery, all this awesome stuff, located conveniently at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake City, Utah, right off of the FamilySearch Center there (the, you know, location where I worked for the last couple months of my mission.) Exciting stuff...

   The time I worked there, the Discovery Center was still in beta-- groups went in, and my companion and I helped them, but it was the other companionship there who actually led the groups in there-- never went in, never got closer than being able to peer into there from outside. And now... well. It's open. Have a reservation to get in though.

   https://familysearch.org/discoverycenter

No comments:

Post a Comment