Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Arbitrary Post Title (Ideas, and More Blog Talk)

   Well, I'm back to blog-a-daying, getting back to doing it at 8:30 in the morning notwithstanding-- and that's my next step.

   Do I have anything to say, now that I'm here, though? I always have something to say, actually, and if it doesn't seem like it sometimes...

   Alright, yeah. The having a blog post in every day is, seemingly, arbitrary. I do always have something to say, but all the whacking around the bush and not posting up even when I have solid ideas (there are three or four posts I've been churning around that by now could easily have enough content to have been a score or so of posts; I'd refer you to my post of January the 27th for a discussion of what my problem is, iffen, you know, that post were actually posted--) I've come to realize, within the past five minutes actually, that ofttimes I lack boldness to do say things, even that I do have to say. Or, euhh. Well, no, it's not that, actually, in so many words. It's just-- time nor place for them, and many of my ideas are little ideas I have very specific contexts in mind for. But what the context could be, in reality, is beyond me.

   Example, example. Alright, pulled this one out of a file on my harddrive copied to the laptop desktop:

    [The man is in custody. The lady cop enters the interrogation room. The man sits there.] He closes his eyes, and describes everything about her in vivid detail. How are you doing that, she asks, when you can't see me?  I know all of this, because I can see you. I know all of this because you are a figment of my imagination. And she disappears. He rubs his now-uncuffed wrists, and looks up, darkly.
   Chilling? Yes. Neat? Certainly. But in what the hay kind of context would that make sense? Perhaps a brief tangent to some other tale; I don't know.

   These things need time to ruminate. Germinate. I can't force them; dark secret and I think it's true of all creators, really, I'm a terribly unoriginal creator, because none of my ideas are my own-- the ideas, they come to me. Saying daily "hey I have an idea" is just kind of, premature. But it does serve a helpful purpose, beyond the sort of making sure the ideas are artificially incubated, brooded over every day. The skills in expressing the ideas, the skills in how to communicate, get honed in the process... and we all need as much practice as we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment