Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Thespis Contingency

   Yesterday's Thespis marks the end of the original batch of strips I did. I do have access to all of my scripts and notes for it, pulled off of the hard drive-- but there's sort of a, problem, still with restarting the strip, picking it back up so that its continuance here will be uninterrupted. A problem such as, it's been four dang years from there to here, and even though I do have the notes and outline and wherewithal to pick it back up, how would I do so? And by how, I mean, what, do I pretend that it's still 2011 and just fly through continuing on the story arch like nothing's happened? Or do I explicitly address the issue?

   Well, it is Thespis... Meaning, if there's any place where such blatant lampshade hanging would be appropriate, it would be here... But I really can't think of any way to go about saying "hey, it's four years later but we're picking up exactly where we left off" without it coming across as kind of cutesy.

   I definitely do intend on continuing with the strip and the storyline and everything, picking up more or less where we left off yesterday*.  Come Sunday next, I'll have whatever it is that's coming, because I am continuing this, spite the fact that the rest of my blogging lately has been sporadic and all that. I like Thespis, and I'd like to continue it. And, planning on having Other//half actually exist one of these days,** I need a lot more practice at the medium under my belt...

 
*(great stuff coming up, political debates logical fallacies and all that-- it was here where I realized, wait, isn't this all a bit cerebral, for mainstream audiences? Whether it's cerebral by Thespis standards is yet to be seen...)
**need a deadline-- something that seems far off in the distance enough yet that will rapidly approach anyway-- I'm thinking by the release of the Justice League movie they've been gearing up for, ever since the Green Lantern film (which they're remaking to be there for real, seeing as how it didn't do so well)?

No comments:

Post a Comment