Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Perazzo Project

   Really since I want to seem like I know what I'm doing...

   As part of my time on my mission-- well, actually, I'm not sure how much of this is confidential, but, on the other arm I never did have to sign that confidentiality agreement, but, on the gripping arm I still think it would be in best taste not to divulge too much since there's (probably) a reason for it to be confidential in the first place-- long story short, as I will explain in one of my Hundred Things, I, was assigned, to research a bunch of world mythologies. As part of Family History. Yes.


   Aside from the project, I've never been part of that generation who can just tell you the difference between Iocaste and Hecabe off the top of my head, like so many kids nowadays seem to be able to do. Jocasta and Hecuba, that is-- alternate spellings of character names is at least one of the things hammered into my head. I've seen maybe one Percy Jackson film, listened to the audiobook of maybe a couple others playing in the background without really paying attention; whatever-- that's probably not making me look very good, but, in the name of honesty and full disclosure, actual genuine research is good for you, and that's what I've been doing for the past 1 1/2 years.

   And so here I am, somehow an expert in all of this. My compendium of mythological characters has been dubbed the Perazzo Project, in the FCHHM tradition of naming projects after the people whose mess it is that the grunts get to clean up. I've got at my disposal a list of a handful thousand names or so of characters from various world mythologies, and I was wondering, perhaps you'd like to take a peek...

No comments:

Post a Comment