Wednesday, May 25, 2016

6 Ways of Looking at a Judy

   I broke out my Zootopia Judy and Weaselton meter maid chase cart and figures from their case today. Didn't really want to have to do that but it turned out so worth it. The back of the box had a big old scratch on it anyway.

   The reason I took the toy out of its original casing, in drawing class we're getting around finally to drafting from life, instead of math or picture references. I needed a small object simple enough to draw but complex enough to challenge me. I chose the meter maid cart, 3-wheel jokemobile.

   As a plan B, I also made thumbnail sketches of just the Judy figure from the set. I'm sharing those with you; don't ask me why 'cos I don't know. Guess not letting the sketches go to waste when I went with the other thing for the art project.


   The reason why breaking up that piece of my collection was worth it, bringing in the Zootopia merch may have scored me a potential date to see that movie this weekend. It's the hot variety, of date, thanks for asking.

   So yeah, anyway, meanwhile, my laptop's still being looked at, but I got the things up for yesterday's post, which you can check out.

1 comment: