Monday, May 9, 2016

Queen Chrysalis, The Most Fascinating Fact of the Day and Where (Animal) Babies Come From

   Blogger's 502ing like crazy right now (that's an error code!), so, man, I don't know, trying not to lie about the post time, 

   For my Color and Design class this week, I had to come up with a shape with plenty of negative shapes in it, and make a sort of silhouette of the outline of that shape, focusing on the negative space to the image, cropping it to add even more interesting negative shapes. One of the first things that came to mind when I thought "shape with negative space" was Queen Chrysalis from My Little Pony: Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology (probably shouldn't call it that, that's most likely the name of an actual fanfic out there somewhere,) and so, that's what I went with, ultimately, though I did toy around with Discord for a bit there. Queen Chrysalis, she's got such marvelous holes in her, though, so yeah. I turned her in tonight, and now that I've got her scanned for that, I can exhibit her in glorious, 72 DPI.


   It was originally scanned 300 DPI; this image here isn't that high res (not that it really needs to be) because this is actually not the original scan, but a screengrab from a PDF from a Word Doc that the scan had been pasted into. Because that's the way the world works sometimes; doesn't that tidbit just win the, "most fascinating fact of the day," award.

   I can tell you right now, though, it really doesn't. I don't know what kind of fascinating stuff you learned about today, but among the fascinating things I learned today, the most wonderful would probably have to deal with, animal reproduction. Apparently though when it comes to that topic, my definition of the word "wonderful" may be a little skewed? I tried sharing a marvelous fact I'd just learned about how giraffes make their babies, once, and it ended in, screaming, and, definitive proof that it actually is possible to block "traumatic" experiences from your memory.

   Well, uh, I'd found it marvelous, at least... one man's trauma...

3 comments:

  1. what medium did you do the negative shapes on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Sharpie. I was super surprised how great the colors came out; apparently I've been underrating the medium.

      Delete
    2. why, you are very good! I thought you did it on a computer program

      Delete