Thursday, May 5, 2016

Star Wars and Arguments, and the Insanity Journals

   Yesterday was May the Fourth! Watched all of the Star Wars films in the lounge, in sequential order. It's so great, Episode III Anakin fighting Obi-Wan, Twirling their lightsabers at each other at bullet speed, swinging on ropes over lava, making epic leaps. The next time they meet! It's been so long, they've both waited for this day for ages, the rematch of the duel of the century... They swing their laser swords at each other, very very slowly. It's so rad.

   But, this guy, didn't even look up to look at his face, what with the Episode III going on, comes in, sees the Episode III, and was all, come on, if you're going to watch Star Wars on Star Wars day at least make it a good one. I counter with, we're watching all of them. He parries: not all of them are worth watching. I think they are, I say. Touché. Only... a few minutes later I think, maybe he has a point? Are all of them worth watching? Did I counter in haste? Saying the opposite of what he said, the first thing that comes to mind, just to win the argument?

   Not a bad skill to have: on my mission, I counter "the LDS church is bull**** dude" with "thanks!" he parries with "it's all a big lie" and my pointé or whatever you call that, is, "it's the best kind of lie!" Coming up with the obvious response, though, is not necessarily the same as thinking on your feet. Mmm. It has occurred to me that the kid's "they're not all worth watching" may have been just as blustering as my "I think they are," and his breaking off at that point was an acknowledgment that we were both tripping over our own feet. But I don't know.

   So, my last few blog posts. I think we're done with that for a while. I call them my insanity journal; if Fregly made his own wimpy kid "diaries," I'd imagine they'd have a lot to do with what the owls whisper to him, whatever that means. I don't think that Greg mentions anything about Fregly mentioning owls, but, that's what I've always figured it'd be like. Now that I'm no longer afraid of anything, I figured I should give others nightmares.

   They're just, a product of a steady diet of Eliot poetry in high school, combined with a love of the "creepy" and little time to come up with any material except off the top of my head, having little time until midnight to put in a post, after having spent the past, however long, watching YouTube. Not just any YouTube, of course. Specific fuel for my inspiration. The entirety of the Llamas with Hats series the first night, Don't Hug Me I'm Scared the second night, with last night being topped off with all the Salad Fingers,es. Start each, and as soon as I'm finished write straight through until just before midnight. Kind of deliberate after what happened the first night, continuing on in a logical progression of "creepy;" I'm finished with that now of course. I think I've exhausted all the notoriously creepy serieses.

   Does The Cat with the Hands have any sequels...?

   It's fascinating to study what disturbs people, that gets put deliberately into these videos. I tried to carry a lot of that over. Viscera. Innocence in the face of disturbing things. The uncanny valley. And, I'm not sure where I saw this, but it was fairly recently, a week ago at most, perhaps from a dream, but, there really was some kind of song about Holy Moses, I'm so impressed with myself...? But I don't know. That, that was pretty creepy.

1 comment: