Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Book Signing, or Not

   The lobby is mostly cleared of my junk, by now, which I am grateful for, because today there was, in the lobby... a book signing? Or whatever, not so much a signing as, well basically a signing. Except all the books available already all had signatures in them. Other than that, picture a book signing and you'll have the right idea. My stuff may be moved out, but the lobby is still my lair, so I stuck around, mostly... except where I ducked out to tidy up the apartment in brief increments, with today being clean checks. I wonder how we did on the inspections...

   Still can't find my camera. Which stinks because, photos! I took a few pictures just with the camera on my Kindle, which doesn't have nearly as nice of picture quality. I checked the Lost and Found at Fat Cats today, no dice there, though I did find a Fat Cats gift card with $30 on it... which I reported, of course, and actually the guy said he remembers the lady who'd bought it just that morning. So it looks like that's going to get back to her. $30 worth of movies or games or snacks or whatever, though... that was awfully tempting... but I did the right thing. Be impressed with me!

   The book, anyway, is, well I didn't win the raffle for the free copy but it's only 99¢ for an ebook on Amazon, so I just leased a copy for myself (because, they're only e-copies, so they're not technically selling you a copy, only licensing you to have it on your device?) is by a student here, and apparently also living here at Crestwood, self-published through CreateSpace. The server's acting dumb so it hasn't even started downloading yet, but she read the first chapter out loud as part of the not-signing, and it was pretty strong writing, so yeah I guess it's probably good?

   Bekka "RM" Donaldson's The Custodian Chronicles: the Rising is available in paperback from Amazon, hardcover from Lulu, or on ebook, Kindle format from Amazon or epub format from Lulu. And there was something in there about being available from Barnes and Noble as well, but I can't find a link to that? They'll stock it in-store if they get enough requests for it.

   Photos of the not-signing here, when I've got time to upload them.

No comments:

Post a Comment