Friday, May 13, 2016

Battleborn, Bananas, and BLFC Livestreams

   BLFC- Biggest Little Fur Con, in Reno- started today, had its official opening ceremony at least although there were a few workshops and events yesterday as well. The functions that took place in the main hall, at least, were livestreamed, so I could at least, join in or whatever-the-heck word you'd use, using those. Like how I used to watch the livestream of the Hugos at Worldcon, that one time... the dance is still going on, actually, as of this writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emwpRxqnyTE

   Still not as great as going to the real thing of course (though I guess it's the price you pay for, education?) For example, right as the opening ceremony was going on there were other panels as well, including one I'm really interested in. Let’s Move to Zootopia (...or not), which... frig, I suppose I could just copy/paste the description from the event schedule:
Zootopia is the biggest mainstream film to be laid at the feet (paws?) of the furry community since The Lion King--or is it? Did Zootopia live up to the hype? What could’ve been done better? What notable fan works are out there? And will we see a wave of rabbits enter furry spaces a decade from now? Come discuss what Zooptopia means to you, the community, and where we should all go from here. 
   That's the livestream I would really have liked to see, but oh well. A, the Conlog, would be really useful right about now. I've got absolutely nothing due until Monday; do you think I might have been able to make it...? I guess I did still have drawing class to go to this afternoon, which was after the 11am-12pm time slot Pacific Time of the opening panel and everything, so, whatever.

   While I was watching the opening ceremonies, wishing I could be there and wondering if there really is anything Zootopia could have done better, the other dude in the lobby was watching some video about Japan or something, and apparently they've got collars now that you attach to your children and it shocks them if they frown? That's right, the tame collars from the abandoned early Zootopia conception are becoming defictionalized, although they were never canonically fiction in the first place.

   Which is bananas of course. Absolutely, bananas...

   I've got a lot else that I want to talk about, but it's pretty late, and I'd been meaning to hit the hay early. Stuff I didn't get to today but might tomorrow (hold me to it!): The Strokes, The Shins, Lost and Found things, Battleborn, and, this:


   EDIT: Alright, kind of a copout how I only lightly touched on Battleborn, when it's right there in the post title. I only got to Battleborn, a bit? (further alliteration woot!) Mentioned it once. Though (with BLFC taking place in the battle born state anyway, so it was kind of already covered?) I might as well round things out yon-wise with the third meaning of "Battle Born"... :


   Because I'm already posting up plenty of music videos in tomorrow's post, what with the Strokes and the Shins... Maybe even Foxes and Peppers, whose performance at BLFC this afternoon was also livestreamed. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhdhg_rjUjk)

1 comment:

  1. I'm holding you to it! Don't forget to post about The Strokes, The Shins, Lost and Found things, Battleborn, and the elephant.

    ReplyDelete