Thursday, May 12, 2016

"Who are You?"

   I'm going nuts right now because I really want to go to bed, but I still have this to write, and a messageboard post or two to make for homework, and alright I posted on those message boards, I can focus on this for however long it's going to take me, and then pass out for several hours. I didn't get much sleep last night... whatever it was that I stayed up doing, I'm sure it was fascinating and enriching. Oh, yeah, it was, Disney multilanguage one-lines. Yeah. That was dope.

   Okay, so, meanwhile, I started the Hollow City, by Dan Wells. It's so good. I'm kind of glad that the driver to the shuttle to Walmart totally failed to see me at the busstop though I was RIGHT THERE, on the wrong side and then crossing around behind instead of in front of but still. Not only could I get in my anaerobics for the day, chasing futily after the bus for however many blocks, but also I had to find something to do while waiting the 45 minutes for the shuttle to complete another cycle, so I went to the library. And, the Hollow City, anyway. So good. More narrators with schizophrenia; way better than any of those, reliable, narrators! Though, yeah, as far as narrators go, Michael Shipman is pretty reliable, so far. Which is nice.

   I'm super excited for Things That Don't Even Come Back Around, or the adventures of Finnegan Michael Moone at any rate. I know I haven't posted on that blog itself in a while, but for that I do have a host of notes from Zootopia viewings which I'll put up there once I've got the time to polish them, and meanwhile yes I have been working on the Finn Moone stuff proper. I've a lot of ideas for book 2, working towards that, fleshing out the universe and the kinds of stories that can be told in it and the ways to tell them; I've also a lot of character interactions and relationship deals that I've pounded out for book one, which comes first, gearing up for writing that because I do not like to discovery write even remotely. And so I plan, and come up with ideas, and geek out over said ideas. It's super great stuff, I'm pretty impressed with myself right now.

   And so I'm cooling down, by acting super amateur about writing and blogging about it where even the people who do care don't care. See? I'm a degions! Genius, I mean; I tried typing that and just, sort of, let my fingers do whatever they wanted... It's not even that late, but I didn't even get (that much of) a nap in today, so...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment