Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Stickers

Still in the process of, I guess, diversifying 2.0's outward self (odd quirk, now: if you want to eject a CD, you press the bronze button directly (which used to be protected by a plastic shell but which remember broke off when the laptop was dropped) and it whirs and the computer whistles and then it rewhirs, and the CD deejects-- so if you want to open up the slot, you have to whack the bottom of the computer right at the apex point between whirs, and the slot pops right open.) Stickers depicting, how was it phrased, "fauna of an anthropomorphological persuasion unironically enjoying ice cream cones," turns out not as easy to come by as you'd think, so I guess I'll just make my own, and with the level of tech I need I don't think it's even necessary that they be stickers. Check it:

I guess what I'm planning on doing is, priming the whole back of the laptop (perhaps minus logo) with gesso, to give it a smoother surface than the ridged Moire-esque backing it's got now, and with the surface primed thus I don't even need the stickers to be stickers per se. Glue on some drawing/painting off of a paper, paint it direct even, on the surface. I don't think that just prying off the back plastic, as what happened with the middle hinge and the aforementioned CD slot, would quite be safe...

So, no "stickers" there. At any rate, though, there are still plenty of stickers to be had. 9 days ago is the post where I mentioned its Kickstarter going live, it's still not as wild a success as would be radical, and I figure, what can I do, I guess I can post about it more pointedly. But, Stick It! Collabs is, stickers, man.

The number of "likes" of its Facebook page seems to be growing at 100 a day, which is very swell, but even with 503 likes currently, there's only 21 Kickstarter backers so far... which is, math, like, only 25% of folks liking the project enough to financially invest in it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tankitha/stick-it

No comments:

Post a Comment