Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Golden Rule is Total Crap... But We Try Anyway

"Do unto others." 
-Maxim 13
Stick It!'s Facebook page hasn't gained a single "like" since last Saturday. There's still time to get on it... remember that the project won't receive any Kickstarter funding at all unless they meet their minimum goal... While they HAVE gained a backer or two since Saturday, I find it just insane how nonetheless the ratio of "likers" to actual backers remains 20:1. 20:1...!

Kickstarter here! Here! Here! Here! Click it and fund it! It's a cool project! I'm not even personally involved in production of any of these stickers! Of course I would be, if the project actually manages to receive all its funding...

Following the golden rule has only wound me up flat broke. But it's benefited other folks, so...

Hey! though. Other stuff you should totally support, which I would as well were I, you know, anywhere near Hollywood or any of the other theaters showing it... But the I am Not a Serial Killer movie, starring Max Records Laura Fraser Christopher Lloyd, has been picked up for distribution in actual non-movie-festival cinemas! But only a few at first, and if it does well IFC is going to expand.


I really want to see this do well. It premieres tomorrow at two locations (remember it's past midnight in my timezone, so that's Friday) one in NYC and one in LA, expanding to 5 more locations next weekend, and, yeah, I'll just let you read about it here:

See I AM NOT A SERIAL KILLER on the big screen!

So, petition your local places to pick it up, if it's not on the list of initial locations I guess? Generate buzz. Hype. The whole 9. It's also being released to VOD, which is probably much more accessible and every little bit helps nonetheless.


Now that I've finally got iTunes downloaded to 2.0, I think I'll look for it there...

No comments:

Post a Comment