Sunday, November 6, 2016

Homecoming, Moana, Power Rangers, Finding Dory vs Zootopia, Storks

So I'm trying to avoid spoilers for Spider-Man: Homecoming, and it's not an easy task. Oh, sure, it's not too difficult so far, but really I don't think I'll last till next July, especially comparing against the Moana spoiler pitfalls (Thanksgiving. Just a few more weeks, and I'll be able to go onto Cory Loftis's tumblr again.) I already know a little about Moana, and not as much as I already know about Spider-Man as a property, so I'm okayish with that, but... All this time without knowing who the villain will even be? Well, I guess it wouldn't be so bad to know the villain or anything, but, you know, it wouldn't be so bad to have spoilers at all either. It's the principle of the thing, I guess. Because it means that much to me.

I'll compare Spider-Man: Homecoming with the upcoming Power Rangers movie; it makes me feel better. Because I don't know a single thing about the Power Rangers movie other than the costume designs from the poster, and how presumably it's going to feature Power Rangers. Haven't seen any trailers yet, and posters are pretty spoilerless things. I mean, look at the other films of MCU phase 3 so far: Doctor Strange posters, vague. Ish. Yeah? Civil War posters... um... hm. Well then.

But at least they managed to keep Spider-Man off of them.

Anyway! Finding Dory surpassed Zootopia now, this weekend, as the second-highest-grossing film of 2016, internationally. Disappointed but not surprised, that Zootopia couldn't hold onto that spot. Making a lot of money is something that sequels tend to do- of the top 10 highest grossing films of all time, seven are sequels, and of the other three, two are from James Cameron and one is Frozen.

Also this weekend, domestically, Storks is just now recouping its $70M budget. What the actual heck. Lego Movie made almost $70M in its first weekend alone, and it's taking Storks, which is almost as awesome a film like holy crud, this long to catch up. People vote for movies with their dollars, but if there's anything that TOPICAL CURRENT POLITICAL JOKE is proving, it's that voters are duuuumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment