Monday, November 14, 2016

the lower cases

so my cousin's husband succumbed to cancer this morning. the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ, (not 1 Corinthians 15 but Mosiah 16,) so it's okay. saw it coming and all that. writing in lowercase except for proper nouns and arbitrarily on the first person singular. it's been a day.

after not getting any Outlet graphic design done all weekend, I set a goal for myself to have at least a final rough draft for each design, in InDesign. basically accomplished that. but whenever i think i've got something really good and then i see others' progress and i'm all oh man.

but hanging out with those not of my field, though. down in the lab today with Izaak Becker et al and up in the printmaking studio with Shushana Rucker (!) and Leigh-Ann King (I'm growing out my moustache again for Movember. Leigh-Ann's so far given 3 compliments, those of the all-phrased-the-same-way re: my 'stache having been shorn, Eric you shaved it looks good, but here it gives her pause- Eric you didn't shave... it still looks good, she says this time.) hanging out with those not of my field, i am rejuvenated. i do have them, the great ideas for the graphic design projects. i am a bad graphic designer, but that doesn't matter, or is overcomable, when i am with the printmakers and the illustrators and animators.

so.

I realized a few things this morning.

1. my birthday is less than a week away.

2. the last time i listened to Fleet Foxes was in high school

3. i took photos of Sean Caulfield taking down the print from the wall on Friday but didn't actually post them up; maybe i could have done that Saturday's post.

so.

Blogger i see now has a new button marked by an emoji face, insert special characters- so more than just emojis (though they do have those) you can also do Æs and Øs and stuff, and you can even draw the symbol in a box and see if they can find the one you're looking for for you. 😻 I've seen such technology in Google Translate already, so i know of its great effectiveness. it will surely interpret many of a scribble, into a special character in a blog post, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment