Monday, November 7, 2016

Specs!

So the new glasses. The right lense on them actually isn't in my prescription; I mean like it improves (very slightly) my viewing of fine detail on objects a meter away, but beyond that it's worse than not wearing a lense in that eye as well... I didn't find out until after I'd bought them that this was the case, because that's the lense that had the $3 sticker on them. But really, when am I not looking at a computer screen, barring of course all the time I'm in class, or taking a walk, or eating food away from computers, or taking more walks, or shopping at the store, or stuff like that?

I found a piece of scotch tape wadded up into a vaguely eyeball-shaped, eyeball-sized ball (complete with vague iris) in class today, so I popped out the right lense and the tapeball fit in perfectly- I experimented with that, my right eye just blocked out, but the lense there is still less of an eyestrain, and having a pencil for an earpiece is still far less ridiculous. (Doesn't look like there's going to be, in other words, some kind of secondary fursona guy with cyborg glass eye in his specs, to match this new other pair of glasses, any time soon...)

Trying the old lenses in the new frames, I tried that. I have no little screwdriver to check to see if I can just do an earpiece transfer from one pair to the other. These fit well. Slightly less powerful than the other ones, but they aren't ruining my eyes, or at least the left eye. And there's the, short distance thing above, again. But I don't know. As nice as it is to have glasses that aren't actively trying to escape my face, Pretzels makes me happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment