Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Last Day Before Outlet Final

I'm feeling relatively confident about each of my designs. Maybe not the cover concept- donuts don't really scream creativity- but the other ones, I may get anywhere from zero to all four of them selected for publication. Or, correction- I will definitely get anywhere from zero to four of them.

Working down in the lab is really helpful for me- up in the apartment, I spent more than a few hours, with the project due tomorrow, not working on the project, and you can see why that'd be problematic. Down in the lab it's a designated area. Plus the fonts I'm using are down on those computers, and I don't have half of them on my laptop. But even with the regular crowd of illustration majors down in the lab in the evening, that's like a good distraction, something on in the background to keep the social parts of my mind occupied while the artisticy parts focus on churning out work.

During lab hours themselves, though, I'm often not really working on my own project as dedicatedly as when it's off-hours. During lab during class, I tend to buzz from place to place, networking with the other students, really- checking out their concepts and their projects, making suggestions, keeping tabs on how they're doing and how their idea and execution is doing. Only partially for myself- if you're not genuinely interested in other people, you won't make it very far in life.

2 comments:

  1. I thought finals were in the middle of december?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what makes it so rad! The graphic design project is going to take a while to print, all the copies of the books that need printing, so all the designs for this big end-of-semester thing need to be turned in well before that. So I'm basically done with all my major assignments this semester.

      Now to get onto printmaking...

      Delete