Thursday, November 10, 2016

Sean Caulfield, Printmaker

Alright, so it is pretty awesome that Luc Besson is coming out with a new movie next summer. But it is super concerning that there's already a fantastic trailer for it out, and everything. Will we soon be seeing Spider-Man trailers spammin' at us? If so, is there any way to fight against it???...

Ah, who cares.

http://www.seancaulfield.ca/

So there was the fourth out of five art seminar this evening. Canadian printmaker Sean Caulfield- I don't have any photos of him but I did just link to his website right there. Click it up.

Usually there's a workshop the morning after the seminar, generally starting at 10:00 which is unfortunate this semester because that's when I've got art/chem, but since Professor Caulfield is heading back to Alberta on a plane tomorrow, and was in town today, the workshop was, today. Up in the printmaking lab. And, surprise! I could make that.

Alright, I did have my religion class square in the middle of that, and I didn't learn about it until 45 minutes after it started (mmm naps) and I still had a little bit of my religion class reading left to do, but I managed to squeeze in a few minutes watching him explain some advanced Chine-collĂ© technique before I had to head off, and I did make it back to them after class as well. They were pasting up prints on the wall- one long print on six sheets of paper, this guy, posted up with rice paste which comes off really easily just rewetting it.

The print's still there- 9:30 tomorrow morning he's coming to demonstrate removing them as well, so until that time, BYU-Idaho has its own original Sean Caulfield on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment