Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Hits and Tallies and Futures and All

Blogger's analytics shows that there have so far been 8 different hits on yesterday's post. That post alone, not counting hits to the blog in general (wherein last night's post may have been read.)

And amidst all that, YouTube's analytics shows, one view, of my latest video. Eh, I enjoyed putting it together at least.

Still it raises the question, if none of these hits are genuine (or if the play button is really that difficult to press on the embedded video) where are the hits coming from?

The biggest month hits-wise for this blog was one year ago, which had almost 20,000 hits. This marks the center of a jagged peak, a Himalaya rising above Catskills. Pretty sure most of the hits from that era were robots from France and Russia for some reason; the hit patterns are too even to come from human activity. But that epoch's passed.

Nowadays, Cambodian spam is flooding this blog's comments section. Not even I have enough time to go through that stuff; I now just mark it as spam without reading it (plus I don't speak Cambodian.)

Is all this fake activity a sign that I'm making it? Does the hitrate inspire a higher position in Google's algorithm should anyone search out anything I'd happened to write about?

I don't think they'd care if they did find this blog. Same reason I'm not getting hits on any of my videos. I'm not really anybody, and especially not anybody worth paying attention to. Which is alright, I guess. People paying attention to you only means Cambodians spamming your comments section.

Studying a lot of YouTube, a lot of YouTubers seem to be achieving middling success with cookie cutter graphics and motion design. (The big fish can afford their own.) Maybe there'd be success there, but I don't want to cookie cut anything, even what kind of content I'm producing. I guess I'm not really looking for success (as nice as it would be to have more than one view on, I think it's my best video yet, at least in terms of production quality.) It's all just, another learning experience for me, so that I can be good at something later on.

But I'm (how old am I, I'd been going to say 27 but that's not right) and everyone else's life seems to have already begun by this age, and I seriously want to be good at something now, or at least be making money off of something.

But I think about the economy too much, and no matter the business, the bottom is always going to fall out. The whole entire system is a Ponzi scheme, if you've got far enough eyesight.

I mean that's not the only reason I don't have a job, but...

I mean I'm just too darn good at too many things, but employers are instead looking for someone who's overqualified in one specific area, and nothing so general. And you'd already have to have an in anyway, and...

Heck FamilySearch would probably be willing to hire me, wouldn't they? And getting paid this time? I WAS one of the best workers at waypointing there, in terms of speed and accuracy...

If I'm going to work for the church anyway though, there's still the filmmaking arm. Probably be a lot better for my future and idea of what I want to do, there, over LAIKA. I'm not sure the mobility at an animation studio, or at least not a stop-motion one; maybe I'd move my way up to head of fabrication or something, but that's not what I really want. Maybe it is for the best that Kody's contact (and thus my LAIKA in) no longer works there. The question still stands regarding his contact at the church's filmmaking branch, whether whoever THAT is still works there.

I've got kind of an audacious idea, anyway, as long as I AM still, uh, "learning experience," ing. Maybe I'll explain it tomorrow. Maybe I'll actually go through with it at all. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment