Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Printing Exchange

Remember yesterday how I gave that dollar bill to Kaitlyn to help pay for gas?

AAAHHH MY THROAT BURNS I just burped and, a bunch of the jalapeños must have come up. (Just got back from The Greatest Showman, and I had nachos there.)

Anyway, the project in advanced typography class is due on Thursday, with the song lyrics, and today was due the final rough draft for final feedback and critique, and so today I had to get that printed out. Went to AlphaGraphics for the printout, and... it was a lot cheaper than I'd expected it to be.

See, there's a sign there that says that all exchanges under a dollar have to be paid in cash, because the system or something, and we apologize for the inconvenience. I was looking at that thinking, ha, luckily my printout is going to cost more than a dollar, but what would one do if one's exchange did come out under a dollar and one did not have any cash on oneself? Probably grab an envelope, to make the exchange cost more than a dollar, right?

$.95. Oh. I wouldn't be able to use plastic, but that's alright, because I carry cash on me...

Only there was no cash on me.

So yeah remember that dollar from yesterday?

So I tried grabbing a cardboard tube or something, to push it over a dollar, but she said it was okay, she could just charge me a full dollar, no problem, and I'd just eat the five cents.

Only the card was declined for some reason.

Luckily Matt had a dollar on him. And why do I remember the names of people I barely meet, like Matt and Becky and Austin and Kaitlyn, and all, when I can't even think of the guy I passed heading up to AlphaGraphics, who's in my ward at church and who's the co-family history consultant with me and whom I'd met twice that first Sunday?

But yeah Matt had a dollar on him, so I didn't have to pay for that print myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment