Thursday, February 15, 2018

Video Ragnarok

I managed to upload yesterday's video early this morning, but looking at it again YouTube, isn't actually tricked, changing the time zone on your computer? Well, all my vlogs managed to get in during the month they were set, and that's what really counts.

Halfway through editing the video though I was struck by how, just, weird these are. A lot of that has to do with the concept, but a lot of it also has to do with the quality/lack thereof. Continuing to try to get good audio quality, but the microphone is actually so, good, I guess, that speaking normally as near to it as I try to do, it's just too loud and you lose a lot of the, sensitivity or whatever. Also the puppet, it's just terribly upholstered, and the mouth is so hard to move I barely even try, just sort of bobbing the head and pretending... thinking of maybe skinning the puppet, trimming the mouth shape somehow, and reskinning it? Or maybe just constructing a new different puppet entirely; I've got the materials for it.

Or maybe just switch the tack entirely.

Even if I find a perfect volume at which to speak, and somehow get crisp echo-free audio, and have professional-level production, another problem is my voice. It's not the most melodious thing in the world.

And I never get enough time to polish anything as much as I'd like, since my workflow consists of waiting until the last possible minute and getting it in late anyway... The whole thing is just a morass of sweaty embarrassment. 

I was watching a Game Theory video, and that stuff is just, such a high level of quality. Does MatPat do it all himself, or is there a host of bts guys we don't know about? He probably makes enough money that it could go either way; he could have it as a full-time job, or, even be an employer of his own. I don't want to be a millionaire; I just want to be able to produce something that level of quality. But do it my own way, whatever that means.

Not that I enjoy being poor, THAT much... sure, I'd love a million dollars. But I'd just spend it on, more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment