Saturday, May 12, 2018

BCRF

I want to talk about Overwatch, and breast cancer, and really how I actually did get to hit BLFC for a couple of hours but BCRF sounds enough like that that it could be really misleading and fun, like with the Nancy stuff and the fact that my grandmother also named Nancy died yesterday. Fun for her at least, and we all know that certain 7-letter word that starts with those certain 3 letters... 

These four letters I'm going to discuss now, while similar to BLFC, are completely different from ERAL.

BCRF stands for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Continuing till the 21st Blizzard is teaming up with them with a new exclusive Mercy skin, the purchase of which has 100% of its funds donated to said charity. Furthermore, there are charity livestreams every day on Twitch.tv, the watching of which unlocks (providing your twitch account be linked to your Blizzard account) exclusive and adorable breast-cancer awareness sprays in the Overwatch game.

I just realized that I am dressed entirely in beige right now.

Anyway, really my "in" to this post is that it's the first update at birb blog in, like, a year or however long, talking about Overwatch (and spoilers for the first five minutes of Infinity War,) and the breast cancer thing, and this game I spectated, and everything.

You guys really would have won had anyone actually gotten on the objective.

And there's probably something symbolic in that.

2 comments: