Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Maytime Thoughts

It's Wednesday. Is it spring semester now? They would have had art night this evening.

I wish I could be doing more with my days. Maybe go to bed sooner, so I wake up sooner and thus have more mandatory non-computer time, so I can get productive and not distract myself? Maybe I could get done, a painting. There was this one Monday where I went and painted en plein aire and was all, kay Mondays are en plein aire days from now on, but that was like the only time it happened.

It's the start of a month, still, I suppose! The second, of a month with 31 days; that's like the first of a month with 30, obviously. I had this idea this morning, thinking about filmmaking and how I hardly do it, and how I've got these brilliant layered whatevers planned out, which I'd never be able to do justice to and am still working out besides-- if I'm going to start, it can't be with those.

So I had this idea, like a 24 hour comic needing to be conceived and executed all in that space of time, I could make a short film a month, that doesn't even have to be good or anything, but just, all within the space of a month.

I also need a way to make money somehow, and a driver's license. The former being made easier by the latter, but both being pretty darn important to my progression toward the future. My middle-distance goals are to, well maybe I want to go to film school, or maybe just being off over here doing this other thing will be enough, I mean, I think I know a lot already, and a lot of my favorite directors never went, but film school really does offer a lot of opportunities and connections and stuff... Looking at a list of some of the top-rated schools, yes things cost money, but a lot of my favorite directors did go to film school...

It seems so weird talking about your dreams. You just know other people won't believe in them the way you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment