Sunday, September 23, 2018

Little Dots

54, why 54...? 55 has such a better ring to it, or maybe wait ten days after that and it's still going on, you get 64 with is 2 to the sixth power, much more mathematically significant. Oh well. It was late and I needed a post I could knock out quickly. I went to bed very early last night. Not really bed so much as, curl up against the wall and happen to fall asleep.

More on that later.

Polka dots! Now You See It has a recent video on the symbolism of stripe patterns, their use in costume designs in film. They mention stripes as being ambiguous (which color is the foreground and which is the background?), and also attention-grabbing. Making stripes the stand-out-iest out of all the patterns.

But me, I like polka dots.

Why did I curl up against the wall? It's something I've always wanted to do, lose all motivation and lie down then and there, even though you happen to be in the middle of the street when you do so. Cry yourself to sleep. Or whatever. It felt decently good, but in a dangerous way. Do this any more, and it may become a habit.

But polka dots gave me life. I was held in the palm of polka dots, and nurtured in their heartbeat.

I have a bed. It has a mattress protector now, which is what it lacked last night, which is why I curled up against a corner instead. The bed sounds nice. Even though I can't literally hear it.

There were things I wanted to get done yesterday. Too many things. They swam around, threatening to drown me. So I decided to take a break from them. In a corner. In the dark. And I remembered a lyric. It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small. The fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all.

I should still do those things, but they're not as complex or as time-sensitive as I'd made them out to be.

And in church today, I lacked motivation for anything too. I was lifted up by polka dots. It's the little things that make life awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment