Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Social Media Means and Ends

Painted and posted a new Instagram post today; it's got one "like" which is quite nearly 100% of my followers, so I'd classify it as an unmitigated success. I've spent most of the evening braindumping all the ideas I've got for YouTube content out onto (virtual) paper; meanwhile I'm not sure how I feel about that as Lindsey Ellis's latest video is a deconstruction of YouTube as a, man I don't even know, but it was heady, and it had an interview with John Green in it. 

I don't think I want to be a "YouTuber" so much as I just see it as a means to an end, producing/ shooting/ editing content so that I'm comfortable with any given task associated therewith.

Same thing with Instagram, I suppose. An excuse to rip out the art ripened on my interior walls, instead of fretting over whether they could possibly be yet riper. As far as that goes, I should start thinking about launching that webcomic I've had brewing in me, though the problems with yet doing so are enough to base an entire post around them. I've got the worldbuilding in place, but not much story. For one. And for two, there are a heckuva lot of locations, within that worldbuilding, and cityscapes aren't my strongest subject artistically.

So anyway my Adobe payment went through yesterday, with my subscription back on track. It was... small. Very small. I'm just going to assume that it was intended to be that way, and not some sort of mixup.

No comments:

Post a Comment