Thursday, September 13, 2018

(Things would be a whole lot easier if I didn't cringe just thinking about the word) Brandbuilding

Okay but really, fiction is so much easier, because if I get a good story idea or anything, I'd understand pretty easily which if any of my ongoing projects it would fit the best into, as a visual beat or character motivation or whatever- and if not, I can still write that sucker down and save it for later. Even easier. 

But social media, I don't know- is there anything intrinsic, like, alright this would be a Facebook announcement, this would be an Instagram post, etc.? Thinking about it it maps pretty cleanly, visual things would be posted onto IG, announcements etc would go onto FB, and audio-visual stuff going onto YouTube... but that's on paper; it doesn't map nearly so cleanly in my head. 

Thinking about studying the way other people do it; some of my favorite content creators are on more than one platform, which though not surprising is still baffling how they'd be able to do that. Maybe it's exactly the things I described with the way things map above? Maybe it's just a bunch of cross-platform pollination? Maybe it's this whole horizon that I can't imagine but would comprehend intrinsically if only I saw it in motion? 

I don't know. Which is obviously why I'm gumming about it here. Doing anything else beyond that- well, that sounds suspiciously like work to me. This really does have the potential to be so easy and natural. I've got the ideas in place. It's only the implementation of the framework, now...

No comments:

Post a Comment