Sunday, September 9, 2018

What's the Deal with Dagon?

No incredible bouts of self-discovery today, sorry. I did have my mind eased though; I'll put the whole quote up when I can be bothered to (it's 10:00 at night, and while that's not usually that late, it's very late for the sabbath.) 

Artistic creation is a mode of worship, but I'm always off somewhere misinterpreting the second commandment. I still feel like I may be too occupied with media (and whether other people may be even more occupied is no concern of mine; "you do you" is correct in that regard at least) but there's no intrinsic theologically problematic issue in being artistic. 

https://www.lds.org/new-era/1974/08/q-and-a-questions-and-answers/are-certain-forms-of-creative-art-discouraged-in-the-church?lang=eng#

No comments:

Post a Comment