Thursday, January 19, 2017

...And Like Everything Converges Around Cats Don't Dance, and I Just Don't Know Why...

So I saw Sing, and it was really good, and it made me realize what makes movies good, and now I'm super psyched for Rock Dog next month and then past that Spark, though I confess I hadn't heard of the latter until today, and I haven't seen any trailers for it or anything, but it's hitting the States in April, and will hopefully succeed in the places where the Ratchet and Clank movie failed?

I'm kind of planning on refraining from discussing Sing until I see La La Land, the last movie of last year that I need to go view, which viewing would holy crap wrap up my seeing all the musicals of the season to be sure so that I can fit Trolls's weirdness into perspective (from La La Land to Trolls to Sing to Moana I guess,) but also wrap up my seeing all the movies about vintage Hollywood that came out last year throughout the year (La La Land, CafĂ© Society, and Hail, Caesar!.) And having watched Singin' in the Rain yesterday, which is also of course both a musical and about vintage Hollywood (I mean come on it's the musical and the movie about vintage Hollywood,) I guess I also need to rewatch Cats Don't Dance, which is also also all of those things I just said, plus like that other stuff I was talking about above what with the aminals which can biped and speech and stuff, so like, yeah that's the other movie I need to get on watching, before going into too much depth why Sing rocks so hard.

...For some reason lately I guess Cats Don't Dance has become an animated classic out of nowhere, like seriously when did this happen, I mean look at these exactly two YouTube videos, which came out within two days of each other last year, I mean yeah I remember it was pretty good, and this was my opinion back when I had terrible taste in cartoons (read: I didn't like them so hot,) but seriously, that's just surreal how a movie disappears off of the face of the planet for two decades and then suddenly becomes relevant again, for absolutely no reason political or otherwise... (First video 10 seconds, second video 15 minutes.)


No comments:

Post a Comment