Wednesday, January 4, 2017

My Professors This Semester



So during the roadtrip there wasn't internet access on the road of course, but I did have access to my schedule- and looking at it it was kind of scary, because I only counted like 11 and a half credits there, and don't you need at least 12, didn't I have 13.5? So maybe I'd gotten booted from a class without realizing it or something, and now thus no longer met the requirement for being a fulltime student...? But hey turns out that one of my classes is online, oh yeah that's right, and thus wouldn't be scheduled on my class transcript, schedule, schedule.

I never told you about the art seminar where Will Frohn spoke, but he's totally the teacher for that. He works for Google, does motion graphics. Hasn't designed a Doodle, so far at least, but he has done loading screens for Android. Neat!

Also this semester, a few other teachers I'm excited for- Brother Raish is teaching the Mesoamerican art class. It's either he or Brother Toone who's retiring after this semester (I've heard it both ways, but it is one or the other- they're both equally great, so I guess they get confused for each other? Weird. I'm not sure which it is, but sad news either way.)

My religion class is from Brother Thomas, from whom I took Pearl of Great Price a year ago- I do believe I've already told you that, though.

Classes start tomorrow- I've got one class on Thursdays (not counting the art seminars which are also Thursday of course), Business for the Professional Artist. Sounds like it's going to be focused on, how to market your paintings sort of deal, but, whatever; it'd still be useful stuff to know even as a graphic designer or whatever, doncha know... *Sigh.* I guess I'm just saying that; truth is I'm more interested in the class as, a human being, who thinks that a business class would be useful, and as an artist outside of graphic design, because man I don't know how graphic design do.

No comments:

Post a Comment