Thursday, January 26, 2017

Money Matters Matter, and the Lion King

I finished indexing the receipts that were in the shoebox today, and have begun cross-referencing them with my bank account reports etc. Exciting stuff. The reason it’s so important is because, not only does Prof Burr of my Business for the Professional Artist say its important to keep track of that kind of thing for a lot of reasons; but also because scholarship money is for school, obviously, and Im tracking down exactly which money was spent where and hopefully straightening out how much of the money I have is personal and how much is strictly scholastic, to be spent only on school supplies and tuition and rent and stuff (I paid tithing last year on the scholarship and grant money I received, only to realize later that that may not have been entirely legal to do... so thats another thing that’s hopefully going to get straightened out (and as much as it pains me to use the phrase straighten out twice in a row like that, I’m too tired right now to come up with my own idiom.))

I do know for sure, of course, that my plasma money is untainted by legal scholarship restriction and free to use, especially considering how I probably won’t need to pay any tithing on it for quite a while (that all being covered last year, with several hundred to spare,) and so I’m trying to stick to what’s there for a bit, until I’ve tampered down all the dust on everything else?, even though I do have a couple hundred dollars just lazing there in my bank account (and now you know whom to rob!). So that’s the story there. Everything should be (urgh) straightened out, I think I’ll have it, tomorrow.

But sitting in my room all day wasn't that great, like I only had a couple thousand steps all day for the most of the day, so not too long after clean checks and we passed, I decided to get the rest of my 10,000 steps in for the day, by trekking out into the cold and finding adventure someplace. No local cinema seems to be playing La La Land right now, which is weird (it must have slipped through the cracks, like when The Secret Life of Pets wasn’t playing at either theater for a few solid weeks there,) so I headed beyond Fatcats to see if there was anything interesting at the DI just a blockish past. And there was.

Apparently there was a Lion King board game published by Milton Bradley in 1993? The artwork is, as far as this kind of thing goes, absolutely jawdropping, and most of the pieces were still there, and in great condition to boot. The box is kind of beat up, but the cardboard standees are all in fantastic shape, whatever the heck the word for the quality of condition just under mint is. Seems really interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment